Own a 2006 jetta (the 3rd and LAST vw I buy!) Bought them all at Hamilton vw in NJ. A few weeks ago noticed the buttons on driver side door were not working properly, side light on bottom of door would go on & off,door open alarm would sound even with all doors closed,gas tank lid and trunk would not open...etc.

Turns out the wiring harness had splits in 2 wires inside. VW had knowingly skimped on this to save money and had openly admitted it. They "extended" the warranty to 2014 instead of recalling it to fix it right. I only have 35,000 miles on mine and missed the extension by 1 year!

Dealer told me to try vw cust.service and see about reimbursement or compensation which I was apologetically denied.

I told the girl that it would be a good faith move on their part because of all the bad press about the diesel scam but she wasn't having anything to do with it. Now I'm out $400 and a real bad taste in my mouth because I've lost all respect for a name I once fully trusted.German engineering?How about German compassion?

Product or Service Mentioned: Volkswagen Of America Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I didn't like: Negative responce.

• Vw Faulty Wiring Harness