Verified Reviewer

2.5

I am writing to find out what I can do about a faulty front assist on my 2018 VW Tiguan. I currently have it at Hawk VW Joliet Illinois and my name is Donna Crawley.

My front assist has now gone off 4 times sine I have purchased my vehicle with nothing in front of me. It has been to the dealership several times. This last time they tried to tell me it was a bug in the front emblem where the front assist is located. Do I look stupid!

That means if you were driving down the road and every bit that hit the front of your car you car would brake. I currently have a torn hip labrum and have had 2 injections and am in therapy. The last front assist slamming in the brakes has now flared this injury up! Besides my front assist my car seems to have an alignment issue.

At 23,000 miles my tires were cupping and my car was out of alignment. They tried to charge me $480 for an alignment bc of my front assist. I called an alignment specialist in our area and he quoted me $89 and said an alignment has nothing to do with the front assist. After 2 years and 23,000 miles I should not need new tires or an alignment.

I drive like an old lady and it’s a joke in my family. I drive the speed limit and with caution. They told me I must hit pot holes all the time and curbs. Not true!!

After several phone calls the agreed to put take off tires on my care and said the initial tires were cheap and possibly bad. They aligned my vehicle for free also. Three weeks later my front assist goes off twice again with nothing in front of me. I am truly concerned for my health and afraid to drive my vehicle any longer.

This is when they said it was a bug that may have caused it. When I told them I was not taking the car they said they would do a full check. They came back and said that they couldn’t find any problems with my front assist, but my alignment was off again. After 3 weeks from when you just aligned it??

How

Does that happen. My alignment must have an issue also along with front assist and that’s why the tires cupped also. My husband and I are outraged. We purchased 4 vehicles in 2018.

3 Tiguans and a Atlas from Damien. No one in my family has had any issues with there vehicle but mine and we have recommended many ppl to purchase tiguans. After 2 years I feel I have unfortunately purchased the lemon of the group! I have a loaner and I am not taking my Tiguan back.

I am afraid next time I may not be so lu my when the front assist malfunctions and this could cause a death or permanent injury. Like I said the last faulty time it happened it bad my injury worse that I am

In therapy for. I am not sure if I need a lawyer or what you can do for me. I would like the purchase price back or a new vehicle.

Would you put a family member in this vehicle and feel safe having them drive away???

Please let me know what you can do for me. A worried customer

Donna Crawley