4.5
Interest Rate

I have a VW Passat Turbo 2009 (bought new in July 2010) from King VW in Frederick , MD. VIN WVWJK73C89P058861, new.

I use it for short drives and have only 43,oo miles on it and always maintained exclusively by VW King. The inside and outside looks like new and it was always garaged. Yesterday it developed a problem that the Seatbelt light would come on at the dashboard with the sound and would stay on always while driving. It never happened before.

VW King says the seatbelt assembly needs to be replaced at a cost of $386 which really surprised and annoyed me, since I considered it a saftey issue and especially, since the mileage is that low. I never had that on ANY other car in my lifetime and now retired and on limited income.

The representative was very courteous, but said that VW of America would not help me in this case. THAT sours me on VW.

Product or Service Mentioned: 2009 Volkswagen Passat Car.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I didn't like: No consideration of what i consider a safety issue.

Comments

Not a safety issue and the car is 9 years old. Out of luck, live with it or walk.

SilkyGrasshopper652
to Anonymous #1670932

The nhtsa a says it's a safety issue.