I lost my VW Key Fob for my 2011 VW Jetta SEL. No programmed or cut spare. VW apparently has a monopoly on this product. The local dealer, East Coast VW in Myrtle Beach, SC, could not cut a key or program one.

I had to have my car towed to the dealership and they had to order a key to have it cut and programmed. The cost for the key is $300. I tried to have an automotive locksmith code a key I purchased on line and was told VW does not share the key fob codes for programming. The same dealer listed above (service dept. employee) said the dealership could not even program a key purchased from another source. I had one in my hand that I bought from a vendor on the Internet.

I wish someone could file a class action lawsuit against VW for monopolizing their key codes and for inconveniencing customers. I am certain that I am not the only VW owner who had this same experience.

One would think that after VW misled the public with the emissions scam that they would at least try to be as customer friendly as possible.

I have been without the use of my care for days.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments