3K views

2014 i have kept the passat 2012 tdi SEL, and this are my comments;

good;

the car save gas,

bad;

all the problems that i complain about the car still there, i got tired of taking the car to the dealer and they never were able to fix the issues, the gas problem end up with the replacement of the entire fuel system from the tank to the injectors and at the end VW states that there was particles from the fuel pump in the system at a VW cost of $7000.00 so i am very scare that now my warranty is almost gone.

the rattle noise is because of the poor plastic materials in the car, i see the rubber that goes around the doors getting all crack for a car that have only 2 years of use, i have put 34000 miles on it and yes i drive a lot because of my job, the gas knob is loose and that have been replace 3 times by VW, it gets air in to the tank because of the lack of closing grip from it and that creates the check engine light to turn on, the maintenance is so expensive and the parts as well, i would have ned up better buying a Mercedes or BMW. good luck

Update by user Jan 24, 2014

i want to apologize for my bad english, i am not american but i do love this country as much as i love mine.

How can you not be upset when you buy a car that make you spend more time at the dealer fixing defects instead of enjoying your new car!, well thats what i have with my Brand New PASSAT TDI SEL 2012;

THE FIRST DAY THAT I PURCHASE THE CAR;

i have to leave it at the dealer to fix the back panel where the subwoofer is at because the entire interior of the car rattle like a snake when listen to the "FEDER" SOUND SYSTEM, and the fuel gauge was not showing a full tank when full tank, i went to pick up my car THE NEXT DAY and more problems; the car when cold stalls, the transmission down shift hard, the door panels rattle like an old car, the sun roof have noises, the fuel gauge wasn't fix, sometimes doesn't work at all, when fueling the car the hose stops at 3/4 of a tank and if i want to full the tank i have to do it so slowly that i spent 5 minutes FUELING until is finally full.

OH AND DONT EVEN THINK THAT IS JUST MY CAR AND YOUR PASSAT IS GOING TO BE PERFECT BECAUSE THE 4 TIMES THAT THEY GAVE ME A RENTAL THE REPRESENTATIVE AT THE RENTAL PLACE TOLD ME THAT IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS MOST RENTALS ARE GIVEN TO PEOPLE WITH NEW PASSATS TDI AND THEY WERE ALL COMPLAINING!!

YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT VOLKSWAGEN AMERICA IS DOING FOR ME: they gave me back the car with the same problems after going back to the dealer #3 times, they haven't fix the problem, they say the fuel system compromise the engine and the transmission.let me ask you people who see this, is not a lemon when you take a new car for the same issues 3 times?

YES IT IS and volkswagen had order the replacement on the fuel system twice and the car still stalls and the transmission down shift very hard and the fuel gauge is still working erratically. IF YOU THINK THAT THIS WONT HAPPEN TO YOU, WELL WAIT UNTILL YOU PUT MORE MILES IN YOUR PASSAT TDI 2012 AND YOU WILL SEE, i purchase this PASSAT TDI ON DECEMBER 2012 IS BEEN 3 MONTHS AND 10 DAYS OF *** AND 10000 MILES ALREADY!! IMAGINE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN THE WARRANTY EXPIRES???? I warn everybody of Volkswagen ways, YOU WILL LOOSE!!!

if you think in buying a PASSAT TDI SEL 2012 I WONT DO IT!!! you will regret it!!!, spent $37.000 dollars in something else!!

TODAY WED/18/04/12 MY PASSAT IS STILL AT THE DEALER!THEY TOLD ME THAT NEXT WEEK BY TUESDAY /24/04/12 THE CAR WILL BE READY!

Original review posted by user Apr 18, 2012

How can you not be upset when you buy a car that spend more time at the dealer fixing defects instead of enjoying your new car!, well thats what i have in my Brand New PASSAT TDI SEL 2012;

THE FIRST DAY THAT I PURCHASE THE CAR;

YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT VOLKSWAGEN AMERICA IS DOING FOR ME: they gave me a the same car after going back to the dealer for the third #3 time!! because they haven't fix the problem because the fuel system makes compromise the engine and the transmission, is not a lemon when you take a new car for the same issues 3 times? YES IT IS and volkswagen had order the replacement on the fuel system twice and the car still stalls and the transmission down shift very hard and the fuel gauge is still working erratically.

I warn everybody of Volkswagen ways of dealing with this TYPE OF SITUATION!! YOU WILL LOOSE!!!

TODAY WED/18/04/12 MY PASSAT IS STILL AT THE DEALER! THEY TOLD ME THAT NEXT WEEK BY TUESDAY /24/04/12 THE CAR WILL BE READY!

Had an Experience with Volkswagen Of America?

Comments

Ahm...maybe you should have complained of it being a lemon and they would have given you a different car?

kinge
Los Angeles, California, United States #777544

I have a 2012 Passat TDI q/36k miles and the entire fuel system needs replacement.Left me stranded in the middle of an intersection.

It was not a bad tank of gas as I had been driving at least 50 miles on the same tank full. It will be a warranty job, but my concern is what happens when the warranty is up?

Time to change out my car!!I was hoping this car would be a keeper as diesels are known to go hundreds of thousands of miles.

to kinge Los Angeles, California, United States #800823

Update: I tried to trade-in my 2012 Passat TDI w/45k miles and dealers would give me no more than 15k for it.Unfortunately I just don't have the time or patience to do a private party sale and get an extra 3k at best from the sale.

I asked the dealer who did my fuel system repair what the bill (to be paid for by VW) was and it totaled $6,060...most of which were in parts. Further, they told me the fuel in my tank was pristine and no evidence of contamination...the fuel pump just gave out.

I purchased the VW extended warranty "Gold" level which cost $2,424 taking me up to 100k miles...can you blame me after that repair bill?

Once I get to 100k miles I'll be shopping for a Toyota...can't go wrong with that car brand.

Merrimac, Wisconsin, United States #730207

I have a 2012 Passat TDI, 53,000 miles on it and its perfect.

Average milage is 43 mpg with 48 mpg on the highway.

Woodridge, Illinois, United States #708642

Own one since July 15, 2012.Today 42,230 miles and it is perfect.

Just changed all the filters.

Higway mileage 43.2 local at home 38.7.WHat a car, i know already what will be my next purchase.

San Jose, California, United States #682765

I really can't stand your English.You're from the US but can't string together a single, simple sentence?

It's no wonder other countries look at us and laugh. Come to America where everything is free! Well guess what, things break, deal with it. Perhaps the dealership doesn't understand what is wrong with your vehicle due to your lack of ability to express your concerns properly in English.

If you travel outside of the US your are expected to know the native language.

You live in the US.Learn English and for God's sake, integrate with this country if you're going to live here!

to WTF Ellington, Connecticut, United States #800744

And here is a typical American A-hole taking a position.This is exactly why the whole world hates us.

Take it out on a perfect stranger that admits that his English is not perfect, right up front. Are you proud? You lousy ***. Try to go and live in another country and learn it's language.

Evidently you don't travel around the world and have no clue that all Americans expect from everyone, everywhere is to speak English (American English that is). No, nobody expects you and imbeciles like you to speak their native language. By the way do you speak any other language?

And guess what, most of the civilized world knows English, you ***, and in some cases better than you do.I am ashamed of people like you when I am abroad and proud of all the foreigners that try to communicate as well as they can.

Chicago, Illinois, United States #582934

I own a 2012 Passat TDI SEL and so far my complaint is with the same rear panel that rattles sometimes, but don't forget that the vehicle is assembled in Chattanooga, Tennessee where workers probably got their skills in Prentice Cooper State Forest and Wildlife Management Area, I don't really think they appreciate they have a job and they do it as they should.

You also have to be aware that this vehicle is not supposed to be filled with low quality b.s. bio diesel which is ***. For example in Illinois the only guys that sell quality diesel are Meier (yeah, the food chain which have locations with diesel pumps).

So, before complaining be aware of what you buy, do some research, since the majority of sales persons at VW are incompetents and don't tell you all the details about diesel fuel.

What a tard! Sounds like someone who love to complain. :cry :cry

As a former VW owner I know what headaches these cars are to own. Electrical problems are a major issue for VW's, and have been since the late 70's.

A friend of mine, who's brother purchased a 2010 Jetta, ended up trading the Jetta in after less than a year due to transmission problems and fuel system issues rendering the car disabled many times. He taded for a 2011 Nissan Altima and has had no problems whatsoever.

VW's may drive well and ride well, but that's about it. Really a false element of quality with what you don't see.

If you want a car that'll stay healthy avoid any VW unless it's an ancient air cooled beast. The old air cooled VW's were indistructable.