Verified Reviewer

Upon making an appointment to have my 2014 VW Beetle serviced for an Airbag recall. I delivered my vehicle to the Clovis VW dealership a day before my appointment day and notified the service tech.

that there may have been an air pressure problem with the driverside front tire. I was notified via text message on Aug. 12, 2021, that the car was ready to be picked up and a nail was found in the front tire (it was actually a screw) and that the tire was inflated to factory specs and I was advised to have the tired repaired. I then drove the car directly to my neighborhood Les Schwab tire dealer to have the tire repaired.

After the tire was removed from the car the repairman informed me that the tire, due to improper inflation by the Clovis VW dealer, was unrepairable and a new tire was needed to be purchased to replace it. I ask if the tire would have been inflated correctly before I left the VW dealer it would have been repairable and he said yes it would have been. He also said the tire could have blown out if the car was driven farther or faster on a freeway. Thus endangering my life and possibly others on the drive back.

I called the VW dealer before 5 pm the same day two times and informed them of the problem but got no answers. The next day I called again and spoke to the Gen. Manager, Carl Dubyak at (559)-314-****, about the problem and how I had to purchase a new tire spending $300 for their mistake and was transferred to the service dept. only to be hung up on twice and after the second day of calling the solution given to me by the service tech.

was a $150 coupon for a service to be performed by them on any future VW car problem which was barely half of what I spent on the new tire and would have probably not cover any service by them in full and would most likely make me spend even more money to pay off the possible service needed for the car. I just had the oil changed so I didn't need that done plus I also plan on selling the car before the year ends making this $150 coupon useless to me. Therein is my basic complaint about the service I received from this Clovis VW dealer this past week.

I plan to speak to anCompletly CCCc Attorney about this problem early next week if this is not resolved by the Clovis VW dealer. picked up and as stated on the receipt

Location: 350 West Herndon Avenue, Clovis, CA 93612