Verified Reviewer

Let me start by saying I have purchased 5 vehicles from VW & this is the 1st time I have had any issues & I sure regret this latest purchase! I bought a "2021" Atlas in September 2020 one of the features that I really liked was the Remote start which I have NOT been able to enjoy, as this was the initial start of several issues around November/December 2020.

I've spoken with VW Car net so many different times to the point I can run all of the simple test! Fast forward to mid-January & after speaking with a few more representatives the last one has me exit the vehicle(again) but this time the key fob isn't working. The rep says that I need to return to the Dealership so I call them to schedule an appt, once I finally get into a loaner(1 of only 8). I receive a call 1-2 days later saying they weren't exactly sure what the trouble was & needed to contact the original manufacturer overseas ending with a part that had to be ordered & shipped which once received was supposedly the wrong part(did not fit), however I received another call like 1-2 days later stating the vehicle was ready(?????????...) Maybe 2 weeks later I am reaching out to the Service department which is a task & that's fine I am sure they are busy.

I report that the Fuel gauge isn't moving & I've driven like 70 miles from the time of pick up, I'm told to keep driving. A few days later the Remote start isn't working AGAIN via Car net or Key fob & the engine light is on. I call to make an appt & there won't be a loaner until the following week(Tuesday 03/02/21)... I NEVER MADE IT!

OMW to WORK Monday morning 03/01/21 the vehicle stops on the Street Car TRACKS & but for the GRACE of GOD(I am legally Handicapped) some passersby helped to get it over into the right hand turning lane & this was terrifying & nerve wrecking @ BEST!!! A BRAND NEW VEHICLE & NOT 5-6 MONTHS OF ENJOYMENT JUST PURE ANNOYANCE & NEARLY HORRIBLE ACCIDENT!.. I HESITATE TO MERELY CALL THE VEHICLE A "LEMON" HOWEVER GIVEN MY EXPERIENCE THUS FAR, I DO NOT FEEL "SAFE OR DEPENDENT" IN OR ON THIS PARTICULAR VEHICLE!!!... :(

-Mr.

Desmond S. Barnett.

How were you affected?

I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT PARTICULAR "NEW" VEHICLE!!!

What would you like Volkswagen to do to resolve your issue?

AN APOLOGY AS WHAT I ASSUMED AS A VALUED CUSTOMER & OR 1ST & FOR MOST TO BE REMOVED(BUY BACK) THAT VEHICLE ASAP!!!!...

When did this happen?

11/03/2020-Present!!!...

Email address

thedezib@***.com

User's recommendation: PENDING @ THIS POINT!!!!

Volkswagen Of America Cons: No consideration of what i consider a safety issue.

Comments