2.5
Interest Rate

Update by user May 16, 2016

VW of America refused to reimburse us for the $125 fees we paid an independent mechanic. Given this short-sightedness and the concerns we had over VW's quality and service, we traded the car for a Japanese make.

Original review posted by user Apr 15, 2016

We purchased our 2010 VW GTI from a family member a few months after it was purchased from a Dealer. Any letters noticing extended warranty items, therefore, were sent to the original owner.

Without knowledge of the extended warranty, we took the car to a local independent mechanic close to the location where my spouse was when 1st noticing the check engine light. In turn, the independent's diagnostic and research let us know there was an extended warranty and we took the car to a local VW dealer for service.

VW USA is refusing to reimburse us for the approx $125 shop time & diagnostic of the independent mechanic because the independent's research and error code noted the intake manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit and NOT just the intake manifold.

Any advice on how to submit this invoice to VW of America for reimbursement would be greatly appreciated.

Product or Service Mentioned: Volkswagen Of America Car Warranty.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

I liked: I am waiting to be contacted.

I didn't like: Customer service.

• Manifold