I have a 2007 VW Jetta. At 21,000 miles I had to replace the rear brake pads and rotors. I've owned many cars and never had to replace pads, let alone rotors that early. I complained but paid for repair ($300+).

Less than 10,000 miles later my rear brakes are gone again and need to replace rear pads and rotors. VW won't pay for it because according to them it is normal wear and tear and blame me and my driving habits for the wear. I'm a responsible safe driver doing mostly highway miles with moderate stop and go driving. Again, I've been driving for 25 years, many different cars and my brakes have always lasted at least 40,000 miles.

I've done some research and there are numerous complaints on the 06 and 07 Jetta models regarding the same brake problem. There are several issues: first the premature wear due to what some think is an incorrectly adjusted emergency brake or bad calipers. Also, VW says that the rotors have to be replaced every time the pads are replaced. Lastly, there's no sensor for the rear brakes, only the front so there's no way of knowing there's a problem until you hear some grinding noise which by then is too late.

VW should take care of this problem and they won't.

Review about: Volkswagen Of America Repair.

Comments